WEEKEND FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
The Circus Project is a nationally recognized, performing arts and education nonprofit based in Portland, Oregon. We use the genre of contemporary circus arts to transcend social barriers and inspire personal transformation. Each of our three core programs—Academy, Performance, Social Circus— serves to support and enhance the others, working on multiple levels to promote personal development, artistry, and social justice
We currently seek a relationship-oriented and highly organized Weekend Front Desk Receptionist to help support our growing Academy. As the person on the ground during classes and programming, all Front Desk staff demonstrate superior customer service abilities. Primary job functions include checking in classes, answering customer inquiries, coordinating space use and schedules, cultivating and nourishing relationships with students and parents, providing classroom support to coaches, and assisting in administrative tasks and data entry.
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience in customer service, childcare or education, social media, managing data and schedules through multiple channels, as well as Mindbody or another business management software. The Front Desk receptionist will be outgoing, friendly, patient, customer-service oriented, and possess the ability to multi-task with superb attention to detail in order to ensure that all student needs are addressed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
Hours: 10-15 hrs/wk
· Saturdays 8:30am – 1:30pm
· Sundays 7:45am – 1:30pm
· Potential for occasional Friday 3:30pm – 7:00pm shift
· Additional weekday late afternoon & evening availability preferred for desk coverage during other staff’s vacation/sick-time. The Weekend Front Desk Receptionist may be asked to work additional hours for special events if available.
Benefits: Free circus classes and training while not on duty
Reports to: Student Services & Studio Manager
Start Date: Late March 2017
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Greet & Register Students
· Greet people at the door
· Answer phone calls and emails from students and parents
· Process class registrations and coordinate private lesson bookings in person, through email, and over the phone
· Track weekend class attendance and follow-up with student absences
· Foster a warm, inclusive, yet highly structured atmosphere within the Academy
· Accurately enter and track student data in MindBody client management system
Provide Classroom Support
· Jump into action as needed to support coaches by helping to manage student behavioral issues, basic first aid, or additional challenges that may arise so coaches can focus on teaching
Coordinate Studio Space-Use
· Open the studio at beginning of shift; ensure that studio remains clean, comfortable and orderly for students and coaches throughout the day
· Update the weekly schedule of classes, private lessons, and special events and post online/in studio
· Manage the fluctuating needs of classes, private lessons, and members; assist in coordinating room use, space sharing, and ensuring that the needs of all classes are met
Taking Photos & Updating Social Media
· With an inside eye to what’s happening on-the-ground (and in the air!), help to capture fun moments in writing, photographs, and video
· Periodically update the Circus Project’s social media channels as requested
Other duties as needed: The Circus Project is a small, flexible, and entrepreneurial, not-for-profit organization. The Front Desk Receptionist will be expected to share in the tasks needed to make the Circus Project a successful organization. From time to time, other responsibilities may be added to this itemization.
- 2+ years professional experience in reception, customer service, hospitality, or similar field
- Prior experience in childhood education or teaching strongly preferred
- Prior experience or interest in circus, dance, gymnastics or physical education a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Highly tuned relationship skills: excellent oral and written communicator, proven ability to work effectively with different constituencies, ability to be firm but kind when needed
- Ability to always be outgoing, charismatic, friendly, flexible, and maintain a sense of humor while on the job
- Proficiency with MindBody or another client management software strongly preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, social media platforms, or quick to learn also a plus
- Ability to show rigorous attention to detail and documentation; returns emails and calls promptly
- Excellent time management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with constant distractions
Send resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please attach both resume and cover letter in either Word or PDF format.
Position open until filled. Apply early if interested.
The Circus Project is an equal employment opportunity employer that is proud to serve a wonderfully diverse community. Diversity is a fundamental core value for the Circus Project and the art we bring to life. As we celebrate diversity within our workforce, we invite and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Qualified circus coaches are considered for employment on an ongoing basis. For consideration, please submit resume with education, performance and coaching experience along with any relevant certificates and video of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Circus Project Performance Troupe books per gig in order to hire the best artist for the event or show. Accomplished circus performers with a contemporary aesthetic are encouraged to submit videos along with contact information and/or website to be considered to email@example.com